The purpose of this event is to raise awareness regarding opportunities within the Aerospace & Defence Sector, and the importance of SC21 within this Supply Chain.
Airbus will outline the drivers behind the growth of the aerospace industry and the resulting challenges and opportunities arising from a doubling in Airbus’s annual rate of production. The growth represents a key opportunity for those UK suppliers adopting continuous improvement to grow and increase their market share. Airbus will fully outline the rationale and benefits of SC21 in the context of their UK supply chain engagement activities.
ADS is the Premier Trade Organisation for all companies operating in the UK Aerospace, Defence, Security and Space industries, and they are also responsible for SC21.
SC21 is a change programme designed to accelerate the competitiveness of the aerospace & defence industry by raising the performance of its supply chains. International competition, together with the challenges posed by the defence industrial strategy, necessitates rapid improvement in the effectiveness of our supply chains.
Durham Tees Valley Aero Centre is already home some of the region’s smartest businesses including freight forwarders, engineering companies, aircraft dismantling and recycling experts, training schools and extreme sports.
Topics to be covered:
• An introduction to ADS.
• SC21 Overview.
• Airbus’s current UK procurement Opportunities and Requirements.
• DTV, Aero Centre Offer
• Thermacore Europe Ltd Case Study.
• Overview & support available from MAS, now part of the Business Growth Service.
• Funding landscape perspective in Tees Valley, from TVU.
• Questions & answers session.
This is an ideal opportunity for you to:
• Learn about requirements to be able to supply into these key sectors.
• Understand the business opportunities directly from an Aerospace Prime.
• Find out more about support and funding available.
Places are limited to UK Manufacturers and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Please note there is a maximum of 2 places per Delegate Company.