Are you interested in doing business with Durham County Council?
Do you want to learn more about the council's procurement process?
Would you like to understand the latest changes to UK and EU procurement regulations?
Would you like practical advice on getting shortlisted, bidding for tenders and navigating the NEPO e-tendering system?
Durham County Council's corporate procurement team are holding a series of three in-depth workshops aimed at suppliers and potential suppliers of goods, works or services to the council.
These events are open to any organisation, including large, medium and small organisations from both private sector and third sector who may be interested in doing business with the council. The sessions are delivered directly by our procurement officers and they are FREE
Each of the sessions includes group work activity and discussion aimed at reinforcing your understanding. There will also be opportunities to ask questions and to speak to our procurement officers on a one-to-one basis.
Session 1: Procurement Overview & Lower Value Contracts
Of interest to organisations of all sizes, this session will look at:
- The legal background to public procurement
- Recent changes to EU and UK public procurement regulations
- How public sector procurement differs from private sector procurement
- Types of bidding organisation - including consortia, partnerships and special purpose vehicles
- How we assess a bidding organisation's financial security, insurance cover and health & safety
- The quotation process for lower value contract (below £50,000)
- How to access bidding opportunities on the NEPO portal
Due to anticipated demand, we can offer a maximum of two places per organisation.