Middlesbrough Environment City are working with Middlesbrough Council, Middlesbrough College, Teesside University and James Cook Hospital to try and increase the amount of local food that is purchased by local businesses.
The aim is to improve Middlesbrough’s economy and town identity, reducing food miles and promote healthier food. This forms part of a wider strategic Food Action Plan that will be adopted by Middlesbrough Council later this year to promote sustainable and healthy food in the town.
Local Food For Local Business
An exciting event focusing on:
- Improving access to the local supply chain
- Identifying new business opportunities using local suppliers
- Trouble shooting the supply chain
- Networking opportunity between catering managers, purchasers and local producers
- Hearing best practice and real life examples of how businessess buy local food and local producers sell to local businesses